– Remember that one time Kristin got a desk makeover? Well, I had a blast helping to bring her workspace to life. And I wanna do it too, but to my bedroom. Yeah, I wanna actually make magic happen in here. It’s Ladylike, and I’m getting a bedroom makeover. With Kane! (upbeat music) – Thanks for having me back. – What did we do before? – We decorated Kristin’s desk. – Yeah. – And now, we’re doing your bedroom, finally (laughs). – I want a bedroom makeover because I hate my room. It is a drab, dusty, personal hell. It’s not actually dusty, but it just gives me dusty vibes. Also, the color of my walls kind of suck. I get very overwhelmed. Like, I actually really love interior design. I love watching HGTV shows. I watch a lot of YouTube stuff, like on home decorating. But then, when it comes time for me to execute, I just get overwhelmed, and then, I give up immediately. – So, she has a vanity, and it’s half set up. But she does her makeup in the bathroom. – Right, because there’s no mirror.
– So, we’re gonna fix that. Get her a nice space to do your makeup. I think some like, rugs, for comfort. There’s like, one ceiling light. And I was in there for a few hours, and it was just like, not super flattering (chuckles). – It’s not flattering, it’s harsh. I kind of just leave my bedroom door shut at all costs when I have company over because I hate it. – So, in your apartment, what have you decorated so far? – The little bit that I have decorated, I’ve put that energy into the common areas. – Maybe like, you focus on the common area ’cause that’s what people see. – Yeah.
– And you haven’t spent time to take care of yourself. And I feel like you’re so busy, and you do a lot of good work, and you have a cat to take care of, you need time to just escape. – That’s exactly what I want, I just want a little escape. I wanna walk into my bedroom, and be like, “Ah.” I want color. – Yeah. – I want personality. – Yeah. – I want lots of plants. – If you were to think of some words to describe the vibe, what would those words be? – Jungle. – Okay (chuckles). – With a touch of Palm Springs. – By the pool, right? – Yeah, like a pool vibe.
It’s like, I wanna feel relaxed. I wanna feel like I have nothing to do. I would say I would spend about 10% of my time at home in my bedroom. The other 90%, I spend in the living room. – My hope is that, at the end of this, you’ll be meditating in there. – Oh, my gosh. (Kane laughs) I have stuff that I need to get done before we actually get to decorating, right, which is getting rid of some things. – You’re just gonna see what sparks joy. If it doesn’t, it goes out of the bedroom. – We’re gonna make some magic happen in this bedroom. Not between us, but– (Kane laughs) You know. (energetic music) All right. This is the stuff I’ve gotten rid of from my closet. – So, Freddie cleared out a giant chunk in her closet. So, her go to won’t be to leave boxes on the floor. She’ll put in the closet, and it’ll be clean, right? – Yes, it’s always a work in progress, because when I clean out my closet, it just makes me feel like I can shop more, which is not correct. Now I have to tackle my dresser.
Kane told me that he wants me to get all four of these empty. I’ve already gotten rid of a lot of stuff. That’s why this is hard. These were foldable boxes that I had clothes sitting in, and they were visible to the eye. I got rid of those, and then, I got these to slide under my bed because all the storage needs to be concealed. So, I put all of my clothes in there. So, this is my shoe trunk. You guys have seen it before. Those are all the shoes I’m gonna get rid of. And these are all the shoes I’m gonna keep. That’s pretty good, right? (intense music) – We basically looked up a bunch of key words, like “pink”, “tropical”, “Palm Springs” into Pinterest and just selected all the photos that we think we would want inspiration from.
– We are shopping, today is shopping day. – Yeah, this is my dream come true. – It is, our first stop is at Bed Bath and Beyond. One of Kane’s priorities is to get me a really comfortable comforter. – Yeah. How soft is it? – I mean, this is incredible. Gold is gonna be a pretty prominent part of the color schemes. So, this will be really nice. – So, we’re finished at Bed Bath and Beyond. We’re looking for some curtains. So, this is like, a sheer curtain to create like a heavenly vibe through the window. And then, this green one is minty, and it has like, the bohemian-ish pattern.
– Kane is insisting that I get this white rug. – I am obsessed, imagine the softest thing you’ve ever felt and this is softer than that. – What have we here? – It’s a plant pot. – It’s very pretty. Now, we’re gonna head downtown to go look at some plants. – Yeah, ’cause Freddie wanted that jungle vibe. – Yeah, I’m very stressed out by this. I was even stressed out last night by looking at stuff online. And I was just like, they’re just so many things. They’re so many pieces to the puzzle. I just feel like I don’t have the mental bandwidth to do it. Which is why I’m happy you’re here. – For me, the lighting and the plants are probably the biggest thing.
And once those are taken care of, everything is just like, logistics. And if they don’t work out, it’s fine. – Yeah. – We’re at the giant warehouse with a ton of big plants, like anything you can ever think of. You look like you’re in the jungle right now. (Freddie laughs) Hey, that’s what you wanted. – This is what I wanted, maybe I should just move in here. – Yeah. (Freddie laughs) Yeah, we got trees. – We got trees (laughs).
– Look at this giant one, it’s very jungly. And also, it looks like a Dr Seuss tree when you see it. So, we’re going to look for some last minute things. – I’m tired. – It’s been a long day. – I rarely shop in real life. I usually do everything online. And is throwing your girl for a loop. – Really, I love shopping. This is actually not. This is not long. – This is lightweight. – Yeah. (Freddie laughs) We also got my favorite brand of candles, Chesapeake Bay. They basically have really cute feelings on them, like “peace and tranquility”, and like, “confidence and joy”. “Reflection and clarity.” – Yes, yes. – Wait, wait, wait. – It’s a yes for me. – “Simplicity and hope”. – Oh, that’s sweet. – Do you like it? – Yeah. – “Joy and laughter”. (gentle music) – That one’s great. The rest of the stuff that we came here for, we’re gonna just shop online. – Yeah. – Yeah. – That’s a great option. – There’s still work to be done, but– – Yeah, but we got a lot done. – We got a lot done today. It’s decorating day. – Everything’s like, stuffed in Freddie’s living room right now ready to be put in.
Freddie wanted Palm Springs by the pool in the middle of a jungle. – Yes. Self-care paradise, an oasis, if you will. I got my TV in my room, so that’s a big deal. So, I got a handyman to come over, and install the curtain rods, and install the TV now. So I can put my TV in my damn room. – I knew that Freddie spends a lot of time in the living room because the TV is there. So, having a TV to kind of just check into whenever she wants is important. Ladylike is gonna come at the end of the day to check out and toast on the space, and give some of their reviews. – We only have about six hours to decorate. – I’ve actually never put up wallpaper before.
– Me neither, all right, should we get started? – Yeah, let’s do it. – Let’s not waste any more time. – Yeah, wahoo! – This is kind of stuff always makes me nervous. First, we applied temporary wallpaper behind my bed. The wallpaper’s from Chasing Paper. Wallpaper is done. – Yeah. It took an hour and a half, which isn’t that bad. We cleared out as much of the dresser as possible, and moved it to the dining room area to free up some bedroom space.
– I donated the shoes I didn’t need, and then, got rid of the boxy shoe trunk. Then, we transferred the remaining shoes into the gold storage ottoman that I already had. Next, we repositioned the bed. And then, brought in the two nightstands. These were from AllModern.com. – And it’s really nice to have the bed be centered. So, then, when you walk in the room, it’s more impactful to have like, a bit more symmetry. And so, we centered the bed. And then, we put in two nightstands that match the headboard. – They’re bold, they’re blocky, and I don’t know.
They kind of give me like, a fancy hotel vibe. – Yeah, it’s like a tropical vacation vibe. – We got lots of lamps. We got one, two, three, four, five lamps. – The light bulbs are all Philips Hues. And they can change to any color you want. When you wanna feel like you’re waking up, you can change it all to daylight colors. Or when you’re feeling like a more intimate vibe, you can change it like, red, purple, maroon. You can dim it to whatever you want. The two gold ones next to her vanity are from– – Bed Bath and Beyond. And then, there’s one tall one next to this mirror, which is from TJ Maxx. – Yeah, and this one is to light when she’s taking Instagram outfit photos. – Yes, and best believe I did some test shots in front of the mirror to make sure the whole room gave a very nice Instagram background.
– Did it? – It did. We ordered a stool from AllModern. And that’s to go with my vanity setup. It’ll be nice for me to like, sit down and relax and to feel luxurious while I’m getting ready to go out, or getting ready for a regular day at work. It’s a nice cream color, and the legs are gold to match the whole gold theme of the room. So, I’m really stoked about that. It’s also pretty comfortable. Another addition to the vanity area was a mirror from Bed Bath and Beyond. It’s got like a rose gold-ish kind of color. It’s pretty big, I like it, ’cause I’m gonna be able to see like, my entire face, like everything that’s happening here. – We have some artwork from TJ Maxx that we put on the wall to match her bedding.
It’s like a pink in tone, and it also has a plant in it. And Freddie likes cactuses too. It helps balance the background for when she takes photos in her Instagram wall to bounce back from the mirror. – Yes. – We also got a Fan Palm tree and planter from AllModern to decorate the Instagram selfie corner. – We got a furry, white runner from AllModern.com that we put in between the bed and the window for extra cushion. – With the curtains, she can close it all the way to get some privacy. Or she can leave the just the sheer one in there, and that’ll kind of defuse part of the sunlight in, so it feels more like, heavenly. – We got a new white sheet set, soft comforter, and a pleated duvet cover in plush pink from Bed Bath and Beyond. – We got the decorative pillows in pink, green, and white in soft textures for the bed from Bed Bath and Beyond and TJ Maxx.
Roberta loves the rug, apparently. It’s so soft, the moment I touched it, I was in love. It’s memory foam, it’s like soft faux fur. – And Roberta approves, so that means that it’s perfect. – And we put a few decorations on the nightstand. Usually, you don’t wanna put too many, we put three. – Yeah, so there’s like, a little succulent, but it’s inside of like, a cat vase, so it’s really cute. You all know I love cats. And I kind of feel like it definitely flows with the whole ambience of the room with it being plant-y, kind of LA, Palm Springs, oasis. I’m gonna have a couple members from Ladylike come, and to take a look. – I am so excited for them to come and see this space. – Yeah. – We’re at Freddie’s house! – Yeah, we’re at Fredericka’s apartment.
– Beautiful Los Angeles, California. Fred is redesigning her bedroom. And Freddie likes greens and yellows. – I was just told to be here, and that there would be rose, so here I am. – Rose was on the calender in writing. – Freddie and I have commiserated in the past about how our bedrooms look like shit. So, the reason we’re here is to see how much work they’ve done. – We also have pictures of Freddie’s room. We’ve all have been in Freddie’s room before today also. – It’s nice. – Yeah. Like, I don’t remember it being shitty. I think there’s a lot of fun elements. – There’s a lot of stuff in it, for the amount of space, you know what I mean? I think that Fred just needs a lot more pops of color. – Maybe just need more Freddie, like the bedroom’s gonna probably need a little bit more Freddie. – Just need more Freddie, we have Serena in here. We have Solange in here, but where’s Freddie? – Where’s Fred? – Where is Freddie? – Freddie spent all day feathering the nest. And we’re here to just, you know, celebrate her and her new nest. – We’re here to lay some eggs.
Here we go. Wow, holy shit. – Wow, oh, my God. – Whoa, look at this accent wall. (yells) Oh, my God, it’s just the cat? – It was just the cat (laughs), are you okay? – What just happened? – She parkoured out of my arms. Wow, this is beautiful. Oh, my God, this is a damn palace. – Whoa, look at these curtains.
– This is so cozy, this rug, it has a little foam. I wanna rub my face in it. – Shit, now I’m just like, “Okay. “Are you available for parties?” (woman laugh) You’re gonna feel so much relief having curtains. – Yeah, I’m like really happy about it. (woman gasp) – Kane! – Cheers to Freddie’s new room. – Cheers to Freddie’s bedroom. (Freddie whoops) – Thank you all so much for coming. – Thank you for inviting us.
This is lovely, I will stay the night. Thank you, I feel reinvigorated. Oh, my God, Kane, seriously, you are a God. – I just wanna like, starfish in my bed, and just feel good, you know? – Yeah, you know what I like about it? It’s luxurious. – Yeah, it really is. It’s Hollywood, it’s French, it’s Hollywood. It’s everything. – It’s everything. – It’s Paris, it’s London. (upbeat music) – Oh! – Holy shit. – Yeah, let’s turn it all red, do it all red. – Of course Dev would want it all red. (laughs) – Get in there, get in there. – Oh, I like the blue ’cause it kind of goes with the curtains. – Oh, yeah. – Wow. – You’re gonna have fun. – That’s what I’m saying.
– This is spicy. – This is gonna be fun. – Mm-hmm, mm-hmm. – See that little shimmy happening? – Yep, yep. – Well, thank you all so much, one last cheers. – Cheers. – To Fred’s new room. – Yeah, cheers. – I mean, looking at it, it already makes me feel calm. Like, I just wanna fall asleep and take a nap here. – Yeah, I mean, literally, it does look like an Airbnb. It looks like a room that you would rent out, like on an island, or at a very tropical vacation spot. I am so happy, everything came together so well.
I think the bedroom, the final product, really accurately reflects the Pinterest board. – You can check out our Pinterest board that we did in the links in the description, if you wanna see how it compares. – I FaceTimed my mom and showed her my new room, and she was beyond impressed. She barely recognized where I was. Mom approved, she’s super excited to come visit. Thank you, Kane. – Yeah, I’m excited for you. – You’re the best, you are the king. The king of interior design and decorating. – Thank you, appreciate it. – The king. (lighthearted music) – Thanks for having me on Ladylike to decorate Kristin and Freddie’s spaces.
If you like what you see, check out some of the new spaces I’m decorating for deserving individuals on Buzzfeed Video coming soon. This is your new living room (laughs). – Oh, my goodness. – Until next time, rest well, you deserve it. – Hey Google, turn off the lights. – You got it, turning off five lights. (lighthearted music) (intense music) – So, it’s about a week after the room makeover, and I have been loving using my vanity.
I’ve actually been sitting here doing my makeup and my hair. And it’s been so nice because I can just be in one spot, and not have to go back and forth to my bedroom. I wake up, and I still don’t recognize the room. It’s so different from what it used to like look. It’s so serene, I’ve been spending so much time in here. Last night, I was able to just like, watch TV in bed before sleep. (sighs) My life has changed. (energetic music) .